Become part of an enthusiastic community that shares your passion. Volunteers are critical in all parts of Mancos State Park. Volunteer today!
Volunteer Campground Hosts support conservation and recreation through these responsibilities:
- Collect fees and dispense park information at an entrance station.
- Act as a campground host greeting campers.
- Assist in daily campground operations and posting campground reservations.
- Clean campsites, bathrooms, and laundry facilities and assist with light maintenance.
- Dispense park information and assist with campground programs.
20 hours per week in exchange for free campsite. Prefer 3 month minimum commitment during the summer season.
Park maintenance and construction responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Cleanup park grounds and facilities.
- Complete special or seasonal maintenance tasks as needed.
- Carpentry, remodeling or other construction projects.
- Provide landscape design expertise.
- Make park information signs.
- Assist with minor vehicle/equipment repairs and maintenance
Based on availability and interests of the volunteer
This position involves general assistance in the Mancos State Park Customer Service Station. Responsibilities include light clerical work, answering phones, filing, completion of boat, snowmobile and off-highway vehicle registrations, and other projects as assigned. Additional projects will vary based on the skills and interests of the volunteer but may include writing media releases and coordinating other public relations activities, participation in management of the office bookstore, hosting open houses, etc.
Summer: 4 hours per day, up to three days per week.
Fall-Winter-Spring: 8 hours per day up to three days per week